Along with our highly functional, feature-rich practice management software, IRIS Star Practice Management offers a full range of consulting services to ensure your firm is set up to succeed.
The majority of Star’s staff have a background in the accounting profession and are qualified or part-qualified CPAs, or from a more specialist background, such as tax, corporate recovery or IT management. This means our staff are already familiar with the relevant working practices and procedures and are well aware of the business issues facing accounting firms.
We achieve success by sharing the responsibility of the implementation with each of our clients and providing whatever level of services or support is required to ensure a successful outcome.
Services usually include project management, implementation planning, data transfer, training, report writing and software support. The very high success rate we have achieved in terms of ‘live’ implementations is proof of the effectiveness of this approach.
Most implementations of a new practice management system involve a degree of re-engineering of the business process, with everything that implies in terms of new procedures and cultural change.
The practice concerned is usually looking for added value, whether this is in terms of:
- Using mobile applications securely
- More timely and efficient billing
- More effective cash collection
- Better control of costs
- Integration of previously disconnected areas (Budgeting, Scheduling, Due Dates, CRM)
- Improved provision of management information
- More flexible reporting
- Managing the client relationship more effectively
- More effective marketing of the firm’s services.
Working in partnership with its clients Star can advise on best practice approaches to the many issues that concern firms wherever they are located, such as:
- Time recorded accurately
- Getting time entered on time
- Expense submission and approval
- Implementing a consistent firm wide approach to budgeting and scheduling
- Setting realistic budgets
- Dealing with provisions/reserves
- Bill approval workflows
- Getting jobs billed promptly
- Improving recovery/realization
We provide comprehensive software support services available 21 hours a day (Mon-Fri). Our support locations offer unrestricted telephone access plus Internet support in order to ensure that all clients receive a first class service, wherever they may be located.
Phone: +1 (733) 867-8343
IRIS Star Practice Management is available as a managed instance in the Cloud. As part of the hosting fee, Star takes responsibility for:
- Microsoft updates
- Updates to IRIS Star Practice Management
IRIS Star Practice Management user groups provide an opportunity to learn about new developments, share thoughts and ideas on development, meet other clients and share experiences and knowledge.
The Star Americas user group is a free to join association managed by a committee staffed by members of client firms and is for all clients located in the Americas and islands close to it. It meets annually and all new Americas clients are provided with details about the group.