What's new in IRIS Practice Engine's 9.8 release?
This New Year, IRIS Practice Engine is now even better than ever, thanks to upgrades within our latest release that streamline your banking and make cash collection easy.
A major makeover sees significant changes to the banking area, which will enable you to work faster and more efficiently, in a real boost to productivity – and it comes at no extra cost.
Key additions within the new release
- Central bank summary screen
- Links to bank feeds to make cash collection simple
- Collect bills raised via Recurring Receipts processing
- Cash collection through Recurring Receipts or manually entered deposits
- Easy allocation of deposits to outstanding AR
- Ability to allocate against individual elements of the bill
- Functionality to transfer or re-allocate receipts if required.
Release 9.8 provides easy allocation of receipts to bills raised and access to bank feeds, to make cash collection within IRIS Practice Engine swift and smooth for all of our customers, whether you have 10 or 2,500 employees, or somewhere in between.
Here, we explain the new features in more detail:
- Deposits and cash collection: cash collection and allocation is a daily job for any business and must be as simple and efficient as possible. Our banking features provide comprehensive deposit entry and management. A central bank summary screen gives information at a glance, including transactions and money collected, with links to create new deposits, import bank feeds, and process Recurring Receipts.
- Bank feeds: upload data from bank feeds in CSV or OFX files. When you import banking data, the bank feeds functionality will seek to automatically allocate deposit information to clients and outstanding bills based on data stored against the client, with automation making the process easier for you, where it is possible.
- Allocation: deposit entries can be allocated against the individual line items of a bill, allowing partial payments of specific work included in the bill. For example, a client may pay for the Tax Return before paying the remainder of the bill. This also allows for detailed reporting and analysis of receivables.
- AR Management: transfer and reallocate receipts that may have been incorrectly posted. Failed payments and adjustments are handled from the AR transactions screens, providing a single place to view and handle the allocation and adjustment of transactions to help you work more accurately and keep you compliant.
- Recurring Receipts: Regular payments can also be collected either as Recurring Receipts with our simple processing screens, for a more efficient way of working.
In the eight months since the last release, the skilled team behind IRIS Practice Engine has improved upon the billing section, adding functionality that ‘closes the circle’ for banking. A user-friendly AR Transactions page pulls all the information needed into a summary, reducing clicks and making it easier to manage and more intuitive than ever before. These carefully considered additions make the whole process more streamlined and straightforward.
Other more subtle tweaks throughout the software further enhances the experience for the 130 business that trust IRIS Practice Engine to support them, including many US top 100 firms. These system improvements are all part of the service, as part of a commitment to providing the best possible practice software, as has been the case for over 20 years.